Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

7 essential steps for pricing your rental property

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 08 Jan 2015, 09:36 AM Agree 0
Pricing a rental property is more complicated than most investors understand, especially if you want to get it right.
  • kumar VKB | 09 Jan 2015, 06:19 AM Agree 0
    it is really informative information, and todays market one need to know all the related information. In the article it is defined very simple and easy way to understand the criteria to know all if and buts.
  • jetty | 09 Jan 2015, 06:23 AM Agree 0
    I am glad to read this article, as in past I was just gassing work for rental, and this articles shows for both side one who want to rent and one who do the renting.
  • TLiving by Pascale Schwander | 12 Jan 2015, 11:23 AM Agree 0
    I've enjoyed reading this article. Easy to understand, good information.
  • Kwikemarket005 | 14 Jan 2015, 01:42 AM Agree 0
    It's really amazing article on Real Estate services. I love very much.
  • Jon | 20 Feb 2015, 09:07 AM Agree 0
    I suggest that before setting the rent for your property, you actually visit and see the rentals of competitors. Often the pictures shown in a rental ad are not the pictures of the actual rental unit available, or the pictures may not be updated. Landlords often use file photos of their rentals because it can be difficult to take pictures when the unit is occupied and/or the apt doesn't show well due to poor housekeeping, over crowding ect. In order to properly price your rental, you need to know exactly what your competitors are offering.

Another reason to visit actual rentals on the market is because often prospective tenants coming to see your rental have NOT done much research and are not able to easily decide if your rental is good value. If you have done the leg work for them, you can honestly and confidently explain exactly why your rental offers better value. You can supply addresses, rents and features (or lack of), regarding your competitors. I have found giving this information can convince a prospective tenant to apply for my rental right then and there.
Post a reply