Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

7 Twitter Success Tips for Real Estate Investors

Notify me of new replies via email
guest | 18 May 2011, 12:55 AM Agree 0

I haven’t done a single deal from Twitter and I am coming up on my three year anniversary, but I have developed relationships that have:

Generated referrals for all kinds of services I have needed from cleaning companies to home stagers to plumbers,
Made some great friends that I now know and hang out with offline,
Led to the creation of a cool online business that helps women create multiple streams of income and funds microcredit mortgages too: www.divamoneyclub.com .

Twitter is not for everyone, but if you’re going to give it a shot, here are my 7 tips for successful tweeting:
Be patient. Interaction, followers and results take time on Twitter.
Be consistent. Tweet daily, and ideally several times a day.
Treat Twitter like a cocktail party. Nobody wants to hear you talk all the time and they don’t want to only talk about business. Mix it up. Post a funny picture of your dog. Share the silly thing your daughter did yesterday. Tweet others as you would like to be tweeted. In other words, RT (retweet), reply, and interact with others.
Use a program like Hootsuite (my personal favourite) that allows you to create lists of your favourite Tweeps, follow certain search terms relevant to your business, and set up automated Tweets. Hootsuite is fabulous for it’s added ability to manage different social media profiles, shrink your links and give you insightful analytical reports on your Twitter performance.
Take your online interactions offline. This is critical to creating business and long lasting relationships. Most areas have Tweet Ups. Go to them. You’ll be surprised at how easily it is to chat with others because you already know a bit about them from your interactions online. Not into the group thing? Invite your favourite Tweep to coffee or to jump on the phone. Online makes it easier to connect, but offline is really where you get tremendous value creation.
Go Mobile. Tweet while in line at the bank or while you’re waiting for your coffee at Starbucks. Social media can be a big time waster but if you use it to fill in gaps of time while you’re waiting you can make great use of it.
Make it easy for others to RT (retweet) your posts. When you Tweet something you’re hoping will be RT’d (a link, an invitation, a question, or a cool quote) make it 120 characters or less so there is room for other people to RT.

Follow Julie on Twitter. http://www.twitter.com/revnyou
{youtube}SlEGzwb2xHg{/youtube}
  • Realestate broker | 09 Aug 2011, 12:25 PM Agree 0
    Thats really ture concepts that will tweeting on twitter it wont increase your real estate work or increase your sale but will maintain public relation with client, where as you can tell acknowledge people about all upcoming deals if any one interested in any such deal would contact your firm.
  • Realestate broker | 09 Aug 2011, 01:25 PM Agree 0
    Thats really ture concepts that will tweeting on twitter it wont increase your real estate work or increase your sale but will maintain public relation with client, where as you can tell acknowledge people about all upcoming deals if any one interested in any such deal would contact your firm.
Post a reply