Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

8 ways investors make it so hard for Realtors

Notify me of new replies via email
guest | 02 May 2012, 05:01 PM Agree 0
  • Theode Kasper | 08 May 2012, 09:17 PM Agree 0
    I agree with all the items except item #2 - Backing out of the Deal. I sometimes make a sight unseen offer on a property based on information a Realtor has provided to me. Realtors seldom look at & evaluate properties like Home Inspectors, Appraisers, Contractors or Engineers. So when one of my team uncovers an issue with a property, I expect the vendor to reduce the price to compensate me for taking on the issue. If a vendor is unwilling to reduce the price, I have to back out of the deal.
    If I can't get the flexible financing terms to work for me to make money in the end, then I need to walk away. That is the point of investing. Both of these situations may be well into the deal & all of us have spent allot of time & money on the deal already. If I went ahead with the deal, I would have to spend allot more time & money to produce a quality product or not have the financial flexibility needed & I most likely would not be able to exit with a profit.

When an investor is walking away from deals due to smaller issues on inspections or financing then one of the other items in the list is more likely the culprit. No investor should ever be afraid of walking away from a deal if the deal doesn't work.

I am a RE investor with several yrs experience. We have had as many as 20 properties & currently have a 15.
Post a reply