Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

A reminder to not take shortcuts

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 18 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Hefty fines to landlords are a sobering reminder to investors that buildings should be up to code, or they could face the same sort of financial repercussions
  • LanceH | 18 Dec 2015, 10:04 AM Agree 0
    This is not surprising but a bad omen none the less. In the past, landlords were never fined. A certain amount of onus was put on tenants. One can pick up a fire alarm for $10, and extinguisher for $25. I see this as more "blame the other guy". Put all the onus on one party. When one party bears no responsibility it encourages laziness, the blame game, false claims, law suits etc. Interconnected alarms are important? Says who? Mine aren't. You think I can't hear the alarm from downstairs when it goes off (from cooking or something)?? It's a false concern. And now that they've started down this path of beating up landlords, it will only increase. The end result will be landlords getting out of the business, lower vacancy rates and increased rents. These Lefty's never stop to think things through. The cause and effect.
    You choke society when you over-regulate.
Post a reply