Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Buy, sell or hold in Alberta?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real estate Pat | 29 Jan 2015, 10:30 AM Agree 0
I am wondering what investors are feeling about the Alberta real estate market? Is it buy, sell or hold time? I was recently asked by a family friend, who owns an income property in Calgary, what kind of move he should make now. Any advice to share would be appreciated.
  • Ken Shebib | 29 Jan 2015, 12:06 PM Agree 0
    Well I do commercial real estate brokerage in Fort McMurray and I have to tell you that I am off to the best start of a year in 7 years. I hear the same doom and gloom comments from guys at the coffee shop that is reported in the papers, but the companies are working and continuing to grow and do real estate deals. Hopefully that continues. We have made it through other price drops before and will make it through this one. But for some reason the media is bent on reporting only the negative aspects. It isn't completely slow, and things are still going strong.
  • Alvin | 06 Feb 2015, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    Calgary, the largest city in the Province of Alberta, Canada, is a perfect place to stay put and if you are looking for a second home in Canada then look no further than the Calgary. Ideally located in foothills of great Canadian Rockies, the city has everything that could boost the real estate industry. Let's discuss the reasons that make Calgary real estate a buyer's market. People love to live in a city that has a reliable transport system. No other city in Canada can outperform Calgary when it comes to transportation. The city airport operates fight throughout the US, Europe, Asia and Central America. The city maintains a major streets network and you can also take advantage of its freeway system.

Factors that propel real estate market are in abundance in Calgary and probably for this reason the Calgary real estate for sale took less time in recovering from the recession. Today real estate in this city has become a hot cake because everyone wants to have a second home in Calgary. There are villas, bungalows, condos and much more to buy. The prairies attract nature lovers while the neighborhood area is of immense value for business persons. The quite of the area prompts people to do nothing but relax after a long day at work. I think in Alberta, you can enjoy life to the full.
    So it is wise to buy property in Alberta.
Post a reply