Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Calgary New Home Price Spike Tops Canada

Notify me of new replies via email
patrickhospes | 01 Nov 2014, 07:11 AM Agree 0
Price gains in Calgary’s new home market are far outpacing what is being seen across the rest of the country.

Statistics Canada reported Thursday that the New Housing Price Index rose in August by 6.8 per cent on an annual basis and by 0.5 per cent on a monthly basis in the Calgary census metropolitan area.
  • rokman | 11 Dec 2014, 02:42 AM Agree 0
    I think I just saw on BNN (I don't have a PVR out here on site so I can't rewind) that the housing prices for Dec. have gone up 3% on an annual basis. Which, although is clearly an increase year over year, is a 56% drop from your numbers, pat. Based on my previous post in another thread, my gut tells me to wait this thing out. I sense that housing will stagnate across Canada with this uncertainty in our energy sector and the uncertainties in several countries across the globe. What do you think?
  • Bezon | 15 Dec 2014, 05:50 AM Agree 0
    Yes, they also stated that it will be consistent with the strong demand for existing housing, which is reflected by the sales and prices of homes in the market since past year.
Post a reply