Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

City looks to create for-profit land company

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 30 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Report recommends Edmonton should start a for-profit real estate company to aid development on surplus city-owned land
  • SQ | 01 Oct 2015, 03:07 PM Agree 0
    Interesting this approach is being considered. It would be good to know if the report also looked at the work already being done by the real estate and development arm of The City of Edmonton in making this recommendation and how what is being proposed differs from they already do. I believe Edmonton has a self-funded (For Profit) real estate development group within the City structure and there job is to develop and sell the surplus City owned land. Does there need to be a separate company created to accomplish the desired outcomes or just a change of thinking and approach with their Administration and Council?
  • http://www.robertmay.ca | 11 Oct 2015, 02:15 PM Agree 0
    I agree they should, every city should. If they had trained and qualified staff in the real estate departments they would do a much better job handling matters involving real estate, that is a fact.
Post a reply