Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Commentary: The need for market adjustments to accommodate increased renting

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 30 Nov 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Analyst argues that the long-running prejudice against renters needs to stop in light of economic realities
  • Rachel Oliver | 30 Nov 2016, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    I believe it is absolutely normal for many Canadians to rent. However, families who covet stability and security homeownership may bring do have another option that Rob Carrick didn't list: Rent to Own. Renting to Own a home allows most families to own in rapidly growing/appreciating areas that otherwise may be off limits. Thousands of families are getting into homeownership this way. The key is to speak with a reputable company that can educate buyers on the rent to own process. Most reputable companies do not charge fees for consultations.
  • | 01 Dec 2016, 11:06 AM Agree 0
    Until the Tenancy Act in BC changes there will be more and more potential landlords choosing not to rent. The system is stacked against landlords and for the renter. Try to get a bad renter out of your home. It will cost you thousands of dollars. What's the point in renting when all it causes is stress. Landlords really have next to no rights in BC. Saying this, there are good renters out there and I have been fortunate to have several but it just takes one bad apple to leave a sour taste in ones mouth.
Post a reply