Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Company targets investors, offers no-commission buying and selling

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 09 Nov 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A Canadian start up called Seizin likens itself to Uber and Airbnb and claims to give Canadians control of the real estate market by cutting out third-party commissions
  • HonestREA | 11 Nov 2016, 09:03 PM Agree 0
    How is this any different than other companies that tried this and either failed or are on their way out? There is literally no substitute for a knowledgable realtor. I understand that the business gets a lot of heat because of a lot of bad agents, but the ones that are out there that truly intend to do the best by their clients are totally invaluable. There is no way that without sufficient advertising (MLS, co-op commission offering), that this company will be able to sell people's homes for the same or higher than a realtor would. I get that people don't want to be paying exorbitant amounts to agents selling their home, but sometimes people forget that with a good agent, it's not that you are paying money out of your pocket. It's more that they are taking a piece of the extra that they are selling it for vs what you would get as a fsbo.
  • theArtofrealestate | 13 Nov 2016, 04:08 PM Agree 0
    I can sell you a home appendectomy kit. If it doesn't work out as planned, please don't call me tomorrow. Technology does not replace expert advice.
  • Scott | 13 Nov 2016, 07:21 PM Agree 0
    @ theArtofrealestate,

Soooo FUNNY!!! You have quite a talent for getting to the heart of the matter with humour.

LOL!! LOL!!! LOL!!!!
    • theArtofrealestate | 14 Nov 2016, 09:56 AM Agree 0
      Scott, are you a realtor?
  • Scott | 14 Nov 2016, 11:33 AM Agree 0
    @ theartofrealestate,

Nope, just the $ partner in a joint venture. 3, soon to be 4 properties.

I think we'll stop at 4 for the next few years, at least til we pay down the mortgages.
Post a reply