Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Condo development without parking the future?

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 06 Jul 2015, 11:47 AM Agree 0
Condo developments without parking are confronting affordability concerns as a new culture takes hold among millennials.
  • Pascale Schwander | 06 Jul 2015, 03:20 PM Agree 0
    I am very happy to read people drive less :-).
    • Omer Quenneville | 13 Jul 2015, 08:37 AM Agree 0
      I agree but we are squeezing people onto a very poorly designed and funded transit system. We really need to put every available penny into transit for a few years and not coffee funds for city counselors.
  • Omer Quenneville | 13 Jul 2015, 08:35 AM Agree 0
    This might be hard to understand but if they are going to build condo's without parking this will put more pressure on a transit system that is already underfunded. Why not put a levy on these units so they contribute to transit expansion. Cars owners pay extra tax for roads etc... If you want to build a tower with no parking, have a levy on each unit to put into a transit fund. The only problem is this would require a transit plan which in the case of Toronto, just won't happen. They will use the money to buy morning coffee for council or to fund studies like the closing of Yonge Street to make a pedestrian mall. Something that has already been done and failed. We spend a lot of money in Toronto, doing things and then undoing them, seems we can't learn from our past. Endless circle of life. Lets make sure we re-elect the same city counsel so we can continue this game. That's my rant for the day.
Post a reply