Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Confessions of a former seminar junkie

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 21 Oct 2015, 08:14 AM Agree 0
With a plethora of real estate investment seminar companies offering events to investors, expert Teresa Leung explains which one is right for you
  • LG McGhee | 15 Jan 2016, 10:32 PM Agree 0
    Above comments on all 3 Real Estate Invesment Companies was written by CREW- so of course they will tell you there's is # 1. Meanwhile Keyspire in the top 5 fastest growing companies in CANADA! Forget about Real Estate- it is one of the top 5 earners in Canada!
  • Dont-think-so | 06 Mar 2016, 03:20 AM Agree 0
    @LGMcGhee -- forget about real estate? tell that to all the investors especially foreign investors in Vancouver where Vancouver's real estate market is more valuable then gold.
  • LM Peroff | 31 Mar 2016, 02:14 AM Agree 0
    Quote: The cost of annual membership is $15,000 for two people ... [from Keyspire section of the article]

I'm a Keyspire member now in my 3rd year with the group. The initial investment is $15,000 for two people for the first year. However, renewals are considerably less. My renewal fee is $499.00 for the upcoming year.
    • Louie | 09 Jul 2016, 04:17 PM Agree 0
      Do you think the $15000 membership fees was worth it? How long did it take you to earn enough profit to cover this fee? Thanks
    • Louie | 09 Jul 2016, 04:17 PM Agree 0
      Do you think the $15000 membership fees was worth it? How long did it take you to earn enough profit to cover this fee? Thanks
    • | 24 Jul 2016, 07:09 AM Agree 0
      How much would you say you've earned since you joined Keyspire?
  • Priscilla James | 24 May 2016, 01:48 PM Agree 0
    Went to Scott McGillivray and Michael Sarracini's Leading Financal Education Seminars. Bought the $5000 course in April 2012. Got Scamed $5000 never got any money back.
    • Barb | 05 Apr 2017, 11:03 AM Agree 0
      I'm interested to hear about how you got "scammed" Priscilla. Poor investments? Not satisfied with education? Thanks for your reply in advance.
  • Jenny | 25 Jul 2016, 12:46 PM Agree 0
    It is not worth it. Very repetitive. They will offer a mortgage broker, insurance companies, etc to you. You can find any of those anywhere else. I paid the 17 month agreement. There are FREE real estate courses that will teach you the same. It could be for the experienced investor who would like to do more (joint ventures, commercial, etc)
    • Cha | 08 Mar 2017, 12:52 PM Agree 0
      do you have any links to the free courses?
    • Barb | 05 Apr 2017, 11:06 AM Agree 0
      Hi Jenny, how would you rate the usefulness of the resources offered, ie., mortgage broker, insurance companies, and personal coaching? Thanks.
  • Bob | 17 Mar 2017, 09:29 AM Agree 0
    Keyspire is a bait and switch scam, just as it was when it was Lifetime Wealth Academy.
  • Vic | 10 Apr 2017, 04:07 PM Agree 0
    Why do you say that Bob?
    I went to a 3 day seminar and i thought Keyspire offered excellent educational information for the $$
    I know they want to sell memberships but it was a soft sell and i did not feel pressured to join many didnt and some did but the choice was up to the individual.
  • Connie | 17 Apr 2017, 06:14 PM Agree 0
    If you are already an investor, Keyspire just want your cash in a syndicated mortgage or land development so that they can act like the bank and take it to elsewhere. Keep in mind that your account will cost a hefty $20,000 (they increased their price since last fall) with a recurrent $497 per year. If you do not sign up for their membership, they will try to make you feel guilty about your current investments and play mind games, and use high pressure sales tactics to sway you into signing up. One representative actually insulted me by criticizing my current real estate business plan. They are all very good sales people, but I question their integrity and their credibility. Most importantly, do your due diligence!
  • Marion | 12 Sep 2017, 10:29 PM Agree 0
    These seminars are absolutely a waste of money. $15 000 is a lot of cash that you could be using towards an investment that would grow. Don't throw your $ away on these seminars. You can bet your bottom dollar that Scott McGillivray did not waste his money on a seminar when he first started investing in real estate. Buy a good property for a good price, renovate and rent. Read books about investing, take college courses, read real estate listings, drive around neighbourhoods. Look up rental rates for neighbourhoods (use padmapper.com), look up crime rates for neighbourhoods (available online), calculate your mortgage, utilities, taxes, add 20% to cover periodic rental vacancies and see if it is a viable investment. Take the leap. Do not waste $15 0000 on a seminar. I can't believe Scott is a part of this scam. He seems like a good guy but he's just in it for the $. These are 'for profit' seminars, their #1 motive is to sell tickets and memberships.
Post a reply