Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

CRE announces judges for Top Investor Awards

Notify me of new replies via email
guest | 24 Aug 2011, 03:42 PM Agree 0

Together, our panellists will decide the winner for all five categories of the Top Investor Awards:•    Investor of the Year•    Best Deal of the Year•    Best Newcomer of the Year•    Inspirational Investor of the Year•    Best Interprovincial InvestorDon Campbell As Canada’s overall best-selling author of real estate books and president of the REIN, Don has been the catalyst of success for thousands of investors across the country. His clients have purchased over $3.4 billion in positive-cash-flow property. An investor himself for over 20 years, he bring to the panel his unique perspective on what it takes to be a successful investor, and not just a lucky speculator. “Real estate investing is a long-term process,” he says. “That is why it is so important to celebrate the wins along the way, and that is why I accepted being a judge so that we could honour those who invest with integrity as they create long-term sustainable wealth.” Peter KinchA Dominion Lending Centre owner/broker, Peter brings to the table a level of expertise and experience virtually unrivalled in the industry. In fact, his brokerage processes more mortgages and does more consultations for Canadian real estate investors than any other mortgage office in Canada.“Canadian real estate investors represent 99% of all my mortgage clients,” he tells CRE. “I work with and consult investors from coast to coast and have a very good idea of what makes some good and what makes others great.”Kinch was drawn to the competition because it doesn’t just favour the big time investor, but looks instead at investors with smaller, yet high-quality portfolios. “I decided to become a judge because I see many investors getting recognized for sheer volume of purchases and not necessarily the quality of their portfolios or the ethics that were used to create it. My hope is that these awards can shine some light on a group of investors, who are actively building solid long-term investment portfolios that serve them and their families well not only in the short term but the long term as well.”Douglas GrayFormerly a practicing real estate lawyer in Vancouver, Douglas later launched his career as a speaker, consultant, and author of 25 bestselling books. His recent real estate titles include: The Canadian Landlord's Guide, Making Money in Real Estate, Real Estate Investing for Canadians for Dummies, The Complete Guide to Buying and Owning Recreational Property in Canada, and 101 Streetsmart Condo Buying Tips for Canadians. He also shares his investment insights on his website homebuyer.ca. Nomination ProcessTo qualify as a nominee, select the appropriate category, and submit details where prompted. Our panel of expert judges will carefully review all submissions. The finalists will then be shortlisted and, ultimately, the winners announced at the Investor Forum in Vancouver on Nov. 12. All submissions will be put in a draw for a chance to win up to $5,000 in investment tools and prizes and a VIP delegate pass to the InvestorForum, which includes access to the VIP lunch and the Top Investor Awards reception.Also, each of the winners from the five categories will be profiled in CRE Magazine.Click here to apply. http://survey.keymedia.com.au/CRE/2011/Top-Investors-in-Western-Canada/Stay tuned for next week’s announcement. You won’t want to miss it.
  • jonesy | 25 Aug 2011, 01:12 AM Agree 0
    Sounds good, but what about investors in toronto, where the real action is? thanks.
  • Clifford | 25 Aug 2011, 01:12 AM Agree 0
    Sounds good, but what about investors in toronto, where the real action is? thanks.
  • Clifford | 25 Aug 2011, 01:13 AM Agree 0
    enter your message here...
  • jonesy | 25 Aug 2011, 01:13 AM Agree 0
  • jonesy | 25 Aug 2011, 02:12 AM Agree 0
  • jonesy | 25 Aug 2011, 02:13 AM Agree 0
Post a reply