Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 07 Nov 2014, 06:48 AM Agree 0
Building permits increase in September… Mortgage insurers and lenders to follow new rules… Vancouver and Toronto homes close to Paris prices… Saskatoon listings are up but sales are flat…
  • Samual | 08 Nov 2014, 11:02 PM Agree 0
    Sorry to say that real estate prices in TO and Vanc. are way out of whack with the cost of living and income compared to most European cities. The problem in Canada is foreign investment, pushing prices so high is really hurting Canadians to be able to afford buying a shelter and putting a roof over their head. I am a Canadian real estate investor, I should be happy that prices are going higher, but truly I am not that greedy to see my friends and relatives cannot afford to own a home to live in. I blame the government, even though the gov. is happy to bring in foreign investment because it helps the economy. It is a double edged sword. Tightening lending rules make it even more difficult for those Canadians to qualify. What a shame!
  • samual | 08 Nov 2014, 11:17 PM Agree 0
    I should be a crusader. Something is out of whack here in Canada, when the youth unemployment is 13% and over one million Canadians are using the food banks. Should tell Mr. Harper this is not a social justice. He says look how many jobs we created since the recession. But do not forget these were all the jobs lost due to the recession, but did not keep up with all the new college grads and new immigrants.
Post a reply