Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 11 Dec 2014, 06:17 AM Agree 0
BoC warns of overvalued housing market… Prices set to moderate in 2015… Calgary housing market expected to be steady despite oil prices…1 in 8 households at risk from higher interest rates…
  • Alan Hamid | 11 Dec 2014, 09:49 AM Agree 0
    One thing that might help is the lower oil prices forecast. In my opinion an average household would save at least $100/month due to the lower gas prices in 2015, which would translate into additional $25000 mortgage payment affordability at the current interest rates. Also, the stabilizing of the housing prices would bring more buyers to the market, so again, we see a classic supply and demand forces coming into play: Meaning, initially, we see the prices go down in the beginning of the year, and then start to rise in the mid of the year. Not to forget that our economy is heavily dependent on population growth fueled by newcomers to Canada. Almost 100,000 new immigrant would make GTA their new home and would need a place to leave.
  • HOPEFULL | 11 Dec 2014, 01:26 PM Agree 0

As I have been saying for a while now the housing market is at risk and its greatest risk is the government. Operating a property with the high cost of Hydro (in particular), Gas & Water and their discharge fees (TAX), in addition to out of control spending at the municipal, regional and it goes with out saying the provincial ONTARO level.
    As the cost of operating a home goes up the maintenance ability of home owners shrinks, so goes the neighbourhood & hello USA (brought to you by Dalton /Wynn) ghetto like neighbour hoods, their shacks and a lost and uninspired population who occupy them lose their MOJO and give up hope.

Uninspired yet there is something you can do!

PLEASE VOTE for governments who are committed to spending less than they make, serve the people not themselves and their friends who put them in office.

If you think your vote doesn't matter and your going to waste your influence, by not using it, please give it to the BLUE team above is their mantra and how they govern

Post a reply