Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 09 Jan 2015, 06:50 AM Agree 0
Canada’s housing is 63 per cent over-valued says Deutsche Bank… Homes over $1 million surge in Calgary… Labrador West ‘bubble has burst’… Non-profit housing organisation reports record numbers…
  • | 09 Jan 2015, 07:24 AM Agree 0
    There is no merit to this article. Where are the hard facts. Reporting feared induced articles doesn't make it newsworthy
  • Ed | 09 Jan 2015, 08:38 AM Agree 0
    The only thing that is overvalued are the economists at Deutsche Bank. I'm tired of those from other countries putting in their two cents worth of garbage predictions.
  • | 09 Jan 2015, 09:17 AM Agree 0
    Lots of jibber-jabber about Labrador....hardly the driver of Canadian home values. Canada is doing great in major markets.....yes west will suffer a bit re oil but manufacturers will benefit......so will tourism.

Get a grip......Germany is one of the most overvalued places in the world.
  • Judy Marsales | 09 Jan 2015, 10:35 AM Agree 0
    I am very disappointed that an organization such as Deutch Bank would lump the diversified economies across our broad real estate markets in Canada under such a statement. Clearly, they do not understand the variety of opportunities in our vast country. For example, the Hamilton real estate market has been too low for too long and is now showing some very positive signs and we have the statistics to prove it.
  • Cyber Nomad | 09 Jan 2015, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    Wow. What a lot of uninformed nonsense comments. German real estate is actually undervalued when compared to historical rent to price or income to price ratios. I own and have 2 rentals and look forward to acquiring more but I am not so foolish as to ignore reality. Prices here are historically high when adjusted for inflation and the informed opinion of outside subject matter experts can be valuable in informing us for long term strategic planning. The average consumer makes acquisition decisions based on monthly payments as opposed to underlying asset prices. Cheap rates make prices rise. The converse is also true. If prices fall, great, like stocks I will buy more real estate for enhanced yield. If they do not fall then surely there has to be a significant period of sideways price movement. All prices revert to mean eventually. While nobody can determine what the mean will be, we can identify periods of under or over valuation fairly easily. The comments above sound like the equivalent of a toddler plugging their ears and uttering "la lal lal lalaa!." As such your naked bias is exposed as either an agent, broker or an investor who is looking to unload.
    • Kathryn | 09 Jan 2015, 11:50 AM Agree 0
      Thank you for talking some sense.
  • belinda lelli | 09 Jan 2015, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    wow - the Germans are actually jealous of another nation - and its Canada - woohoo!!!! We are strong and proud and our value is limitless. Take that.
  • | 09 Jan 2015, 12:07 PM Agree 0
    Wow. Wait until CBC news gets ahold of this one! They'll eat it right up..
  • TLiving by Pascale Schwander | 12 Jan 2015, 11:28 AM Agree 0
    63% that sounds really high.
Post a reply