Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 23 Jan 2015, 07:03 AM Agree 0
Talk of lower mortgage rates may be premature… Alberta households are Canada’s top spenders… Vancouver woman enjoys her $39,000 home…
  • Bob | 23 Jan 2015, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    We live In a civilized country??? Where people live in a dog houses ( literally) !!!! Something is seriously wrong here .
  • TLiving by Pascale Schwander | 23 Jan 2015, 12:28 PM Agree 0
    I admire this woman and her new lifestyle.
    I love small spaces for different reasons:
    • Low electricity bill
    • Easy and quick to clean
    • You keep what you only use because of space and storage limitations
    • You don't need a lot of money to furnish your place
    • You can easily avoid having big parties, family reunions. You can't simply not fit 20 people in your place.
    • You don't pay extra money for square footage you've never or barely used.

• Wanda | 23 Jan 2015, 02:30 PM Agree 0
    We all could live as little smaller. Huge homes with more rooms than people can use at any given time are part of the overall problem in a prosperous society. Status symbols, for awhile, then when oil prices hit bottom most of the people living in these homes have nothing saved for a rainy day. "please Lord give us another oil boom, I promise I won't p... it away this time" This overbuilding may create jobs and a boost to the economy at the time but these homes lose their value & can become virtually unsaleable when a downturn occurs leaving many people with only an option to walk and create further chaos within the banking system & the rest of society as a whole. Living so high in debt and thinking the economy will remain stable forever is kind of what our government has done with their long range budget plans. You can't count your chickens before they've hatched. I'm sure the lady in her little house is living stress-free. How many others can say that?!
Post a reply