Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 02 Mar 2015, 06:52 AM Agree 0
Calgary proposes mass rezoning to ease tight rental market… Canadians urged to check their credit score… Zoocasa to stop publishing home sales data…
  • More Info | 02 Mar 2015, 08:17 AM Agree 0
    Hopefully the bureau sees their monopoly and TIME FOR CHANGE. The easy ride is over
  • Toronto Home Owner | 04 Mar 2015, 06:58 AM Agree 0
    Dear TREB,

Your time is over, your continued efforts to restrict the market and information only makes me want to cut out your agents from my deals even more.

Every profession should be compensated based on the value they bring not the prices they are able to extract through collusion.

Sincerely,

A Toronto Home Owner
  • | 28 Mar 2015, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    Toronto Home Owner - you are free to never use the services of a REALTOR®, sell your house yourself and we all wish you luck. The publishing of sales data is restricted up to the point that the sale closes, and then it is public domain where you are as free as anyone in our fair land to access the information for a fee. The MLS® data base was created by, funded by, and is maintained by REALTORS® for the licensed, trained and regulated REALTORS® who pay to belong to the boards and professional associations. Keep in mind a home isn't actually sold until it's registered with land titles, and pending sales data is only being shared with the folks licensed to sell real estate so they can effectively do their jobs. Maybe your argument is that we should do away with REALTORS® altogether and let anyone who wants to sell real estate come up with a new program to do business cheaper - if that were the case, why not let anyone who wants to practice dentistry set up a cheaper office? Yes there are a lot of tech companies out there that would love to control the data, but I doubt many of them will be out showing houses and negotiating offers. Real Estate is a profession with fiduciary duties and responsibilities that go far beyond simple dissemination of information. There is no collusion on pricing - anyone is free to charge nothing for their services if they wish. You generally get what you pay for in this life.
    • ilovemyrealtor | 21 Apr 2015, 08:16 AM Agree 0
      Very nicely done! Everyone wants something for free. Unfortunately that is really what its worth. Nothing! I wish people could step back and see all the things Realtors do behind the scenes that the public does not realize. I would never even consider selling a property without a Realtor. They are an walking talking insurance policy looking out for my best interest. All it takes is one bad deal and you will greatly appreciate the value they bring.
Post a reply