Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 17 Mar 2015, 07:12 AM Agree 0
Condos without parking increasingly popular… Is Canada facing a property insurance crisis?... No decline in consumer confidence for second week…
  • Luisa Fleming | 17 Mar 2015, 11:11 AM Agree 0
    Condos without parking? Popular? Absolutely no..... 26 years selling residential properties tells me that the condos without parking are extremely difficult to sell, specially if they are in a high price. They are also difficult to rent. To say that the condos without parking are popular is a false statement, in my experienced opinion.
  • D. Gouchee | 17 Mar 2015, 12:36 PM Agree 0
    I own an income condo WITHOUT parking, less then 5 years old in the heart of Hot Vancouver. It is very easy to rent...but very difficut to sell. That said, I truly believe "no parking space interest" will be a norm in Vancouver in 5-10 years.
  • Michael Eisner | 17 Mar 2015, 01:55 PM Agree 0
    I think that Barbara (Baker Real Estate) statement is a bit misleading. I believe that the only reason someone will buy a condo without parking is the ridicules price the developers are charging for parking spaces. I live downtown in a condo for over 26 years and have been renting a parking space from the developer ever since (cash cow). My building, in particular, has parking but none are available to purchase and for that reason the value of this condo building is much lower ($PSF) than a similar building with parking that can be purchased. Personally, I'll never buy, or recommend a client to purchase a condo without parking (provided it's available). The no parking condo will never become "the norm" which is just an excuse to justify selling a condo without parking.
  • MFenn | 18 Mar 2015, 12:12 AM Agree 0
    We need to separate wishful thinking from single issue campaigners from dispassionate investment advice. I think few serious investors will try to conform their strategies to some purportedly fashionable, abstract, supposed norm rather than to hard practicalities and facts.
Post a reply