Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Notify me of new replies via email
InvestJ | 11 May 2015, 01:38 PM Agree 0
So I’ve been a real estate investor for nearly a decade now and I got a couple of my properties with JV partnerships. i heard from others many are becoming developers and I'm thinking about a similar move but i hear can be risky. has anyone done this?
  • | 14 May 2015, 04:08 PM Agree 0
    What type of developer are you thinking?
  • Nate | 19 May 2015, 02:08 PM Agree 0
    It's a totally different skill set. Perhaps pursue intermediate stage of packaging land to sell to developers to familiarize yourself with planning and approval processes. Doing land assembly plus architectural and zoning work so it's good to go for developers can be lucrative with less work. Margins can evaporate in a development if the project goes off the rails or if the markets goes sideways. Best to ease into it imo and build up a solid amount of capital for contingencies. I'm a commercial Realtor and niche developer and help people with these types of things.
  • Robert Bryne | 19 May 2015, 10:08 PM Agree 0
    Hi Jennifer,if you like to call me.I would be happy to compliment your story.
    Robert M.Bryne
Post a reply