Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Discrimination case offers landlords a key lesson

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 07 Aug 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
A case out of Nova Scotia is highlighting the need for landlords to manage tenant relations in order to avoid the kind of discrimination charges stemming from an eviction
  • Russ R | 09 Aug 2015, 06:31 PM Agree 0
    Your article is titled "Discrimination case offers landlords a key lesson" - ummm, what is the lesson? Not to rent to people with two fridges? That anyone can waste a Landlords time and money with frivolous charges? I'm really not sure I see a 'lesson' in this storey.
  • Melissa Clattenburg_Pace | 19 Aug 2015, 09:03 PM Agree 0
    Hello all, just so you know I am Melissa Clattenburg-Pace, and I did NOT have 2 fridges or and Air conditioner, my parents did on a seperate lot. I had a 21 foot travel trailer with fridge inside on my own lot that I rented. I was not using any extra power. The details are available under the freedom of information act with a complete transcript of the Resorative Trial. In which the owners admit I broke no rules, had no extra fridge or even an AC. They also admit I was evicted due to the fact I had a head injury. So before you comment get your facts straight.
Post a reply