Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Do investors need 30-year amortization?

Notify me of new replies via email
kmimedia | 13 Jan 2012, 05:18 PM Agree 0
While bank economists seem increasingly resigned to the potential loss of the 30-year amortization, mortgage brokers insist that move would unfairly tie of the hands of property investors looking to maximize cash flow and well able to able to manage debt loads.
  • kmimedia | 13 Jan 2012, 05:18 PM Agree 0
    Thursday, 12 January 2012 20:23 posted by KL

So the dude at TD who's making these comments I will assume makes high 6 figure income - and he is telling Joe Public that if you can't do 25 year am - you shouldn't be buying ?? Hmmmm - does seem right does it? So lets see ... who has hired more road warriors - TD is at the top of that list (along with 3 of the other big 5), and if you check the consumer poll - which of the 5 had the worst csutomer service ratings, I'll let you all figure it out !!
    I agree with Pete - leave the 30's for those who need. The gov't and bankers already cut the poop outta the 35's and 40's . Leave it alone !
    Again - the governing bodies should spend their time monitoring the credit card companies along with the hopeless profit gauging CCS firms (not the city of regional ones who do a great job) the others who say they can do this or that but all they do is take $$ from the already distraught public .... Leave the mortgage stuff alone and let the qualified broker network take cre of biz !!!
  • kmimedia | 13 Jan 2012, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    Thursday, 12 January 2012 20:51 posted by n hamblin

Just the big five looking out for themselves , surely no one believes they have any ones interests but their own in mind.
    Just like the reduction in LTV only means they can lend money to their clients on more profitable unsecured instruments rather than low profit mortgage products.
Post a reply