Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Do real estate agents know enough to advise you on investment properties?

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 09 Feb 2015, 02:04 PM Agree 0
Lee Strauss sets out the reasons you should find a real estate agent who has experience with investors.
  • Wayne | 10 Feb 2015, 12:42 PM Agree 0
    Simple answer. Some do and some don't.
  • AZ the Realtor | 10 Feb 2015, 01:18 PM Agree 0
    Toronto based Investor and Realtor at your services
  • Investtim | 10 Feb 2015, 07:13 PM Agree 0
    Good, solid advice.
  • Brian McKinlay | 27 Feb 2015, 07:23 AM Agree 0
    Been in the Business of Buying, Selling and owning Investment properties for over 35 years. Give me a call Brian McKinlay (Broker) Realty Executives Systems Inc. 905-260-1568 as I may be of assistance.
  • Jon | 27 Feb 2015, 02:19 PM Agree 0
    I find most brokers really cant provide proper guidance on rental properties. (or don't want to, as this might deter the buyer)

If the agent hasn't owned and managed rental properties for sometime (thru good and bad times), they likely wont have the knowledge and experiences necessary to provide complete and useful advice. New investors should be vary of such agents as the buyer wont be informed of ALL the real costs and challenges of owning a rental property. This is especially true in Ontario because of its one sided legislation against landlords.

If an investor can find an agent who is truly knowledgeable and experienced with income properties and will advise without bias, the investor is fortunate.
  • Alvin | 20 Mar 2015, 03:38 AM Agree 0
    Investing in any real estate, must require a wise decision. Therefore, a wide number of professionals are working in this field in order to guide you the right path. All you need to do is choose the most reliable managers so as to make your investment fruitful. These individuals play an important role so you must find a dependable person whom you can rely upon easily.
    When you are entering real estate market, you must keep various things in mind such as there are many illegal personalities as well in this industry therefore in order to distinguish who is genuine and who is not, you must check about the agents. There are some characteristics a good agents must have:

1.Check licenses:An agent, who is offering these services, must be registered with government or legal association so that he has freedom to do his work across the province. It is advisable because agents who have complete licenses must have knowledge about the rules and regulations of real estate industry and in such cases you will never cause trouble later in the future regarding legal issues.
    2. Well repudiated in the market:Reputation is always built from good work ethics and great disciplines in work. So, you can read feedback on different websites and also take references from family and friends who have worked with agents before so as to get optimum results. In order to maintain reputation in the market, agents should put their best efforts along with honest opinion so that their customers can feel peace of mind during their stay.
    3. Updated with the new details:Being in this field from several years, they have built a large network thus helpful in contacting different vendors around the globe. They are well known with the new listings even before it is publicly listed. With lots of connections along with different advertising techniques they can help their clients with selling, renting or even buying properties in short time span.
    All you need to do is to research smartly on internet or in newspaper.
    to get complete information beforehand and then personally visit their offices before hiring agents. Make sure, he should have flexible enough to work according to your work routines and respond quickly to any queries at any time to make to feel satisfied from his work.
    • Barclay Bolton | 13 Sep 2016, 02:50 AM Agree 0
      Hi

I have seen your post. It's really awesome and many reader follow this post. We also provide real estate services in Florida. Our company sells and purchase house in the best location at affordable price. If you are interested please contact us.

Thank you

For More Info Visit Here:- http://www.fastsaleflorida.com/
  • ebert | 28 Oct 2015, 07:46 AM Agree 0
    I find most of the real estate agents don't have much market knowledge, lack of information makes customers pay a hefty price. On the contrary, there are some good real estate investment advisory services companies of which i come across is pinvest.Pinvest is a team of highly qualified, experienced and committed professionals with exposure in Property Market Research, Due Diligence, Investments, Asset Management.
  • LaMont Nixon | 12 Nov 2015, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    It is always a good thing to do you home work on Agents. And to ask some important questions, have they been investors on a small and large scale ? Do they know the market in that area ? What kind of company do they work for? Do they have references and how long have they been in the business ? Do they stay in there " Arena " and only provide the information needed help you make an informed decision.
    Have they shown you a variety of investments? Being in the business for 16 years I have seen it all. My support group is of the top notch level and I can steer my clients in the right direction . I have based all my business decisions on the "Win..Win" structure. Whether they are buying one Home or part or all of the Development. I make sure all aspects are thoroughly examined and understood by clients. In talking with the agent you will be able to tell if they are knowledgeable about property and the area.
  • AnnaDanishek | 25 Apr 2016, 08:01 AM Agree 0
    depends on an agent, no?
  • randy2233 | 27 Jun 2016, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Loan offer at interest rate of 5% for real estate investors, business owners and personal mortgage.

Contact me for more information/details
    Email:randywilkonline@gmail.com
    Phone Call/Text:(252) 755-2596
  • randy2233 | 27 Jun 2016, 10:13 AM Agree 0
    Loan offer at interest rate of 5% for real estate investors, business owners and personal mortgage.

Contact me for more information/details
    Email:randywilkonline@gmail.com
    Phone Call/Text:(252) 755-2596
  • Kumar Jha | 10 Sep 2016, 08:49 AM Agree 0
    Its Great and very Helpful Advice.Thanks for Sharing.
  • Fast Sale Florida | 13 Sep 2016, 02:48 AM Agree 0
    Hi

I have seen your post. It's really awesome and many reader follow this post. We also provide real estate services in Florida. Our company sells and purchase house in the best location at affordable price. If you are interested please contact us.

Thank you

For More Info Visit Here:- http://www.fastsaleflorida.com/
Post a reply