Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

End of rent-to-own?

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 09 Jul 2013, 02:33 AM Agree 0
A number of mortgage brokers are among those applying more scrutiny to rent-to-own deals following yet another investment horror story.
  • Rachel Oliver | 08 Oct 2015, 09:43 AM Agree 0
    Lending criteria is getting tighter. Demand for Rent to Own continues to grow. I've owned and operated a Rent to Own services company in Ontario since 2010 and we have a 90% success rate. The number of families applying for Rent to Own has nearly doubled since 2014. A "tenant-buyer-centric" approach to Rent to Own is key. Two separate contracts are a must. We also do a lot of due diligence to establish a budget, fair market rent and fair market future price. Investors who want "passive swift cash" income properties in their portfolio may find Rent to Own is great addition. Just work with people who specialize in Rent to Own to have piece of mind.
  • JH | 04 Apr 2016, 08:37 PM Agree 0
    Looking for a Company who offers Rent to Own in Fort MacMurray. I only found one company but they only offer it to properties they already own.

Thanks
Post a reply