Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Estimating numbers

Notify me of new replies via email
Henwy | 02 Mar 2015, 07:16 PM Agree 0
Hello,

This is my first time investing in Real Estate in Canada and I would like to know what is a good number to estimate when I look at a property that I would be purchasing for investment purposes?

Thanks,
Henwy
  • Hans | 04 Mar 2015, 07:53 AM Agree 0
    You must create your own number for your investment expectations. If you need more write offs to pay less taxes on other income then you would purchase a property that has income potential in the near future, like a mismanaged rental property. If you need to have cash flow to pay for the property and income to justify your investment then you must input your % expectations and find a property that meets your goals. Your Investment should start in your comfort zone an will expand as you become more experienced.
  • Jon | 14 Mar 2015, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    "I would like to know what is a good number to estimate when I look at a property that I would be purchasing for investment purposes?
    "

-what "number" are you referring too? Do you mean rate of return?
  • new 2 | 16 Mar 2015, 03:34 AM Agree 0
    Try to find out what is the average rental of the area you are buying you're property

around 0.0075

multiply this number to the value of the property you are buying.

$200,000.00 x 0.0075 = $1,500.00 that should be the rental of the property.
  • Hans | 16 Mar 2015, 10:01 AM Agree 0
    New2 that is very good number and it works well with all my rental properties too!
Post a reply