Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Follow the money ... for U.S. hotspots

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 21 Oct 2014, 03:39 PM Agree 0
Chinese investors are increasingly in the know come time to select the next best real estate market, with a new report on their preferred U.S. locations offering Canadian investors a roadmap.
  • David L | 30 Oct 2014, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    I remember when the situation was headed to a similar direction back in 2005, when the <a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2014/09/30/why-one-investor-bought-land-instead-of-homes-during-the-housing-bust/">U.S. housing bust began</a>
    . I remember a lot of investors walking away from the situation, but when David Lichtenstein bought the land, nobody understood why. It seems that he was right even before this began.
  • Wildwest | 01 Nov 2014, 12:23 AM Agree 0
    US still looks pretty attractive - have a buddy who bought in Denver of all places - he reckons 8% gross rental return and he let the house first weekend he had it shown (he has family there). There's cap gain on top of that and he's got a 5-year ARM with HSBC at 2.95%
  • ross | 17 Nov 2014, 09:05 AM Agree 0
    The best place in my opinion is Westwood an area in West Hollywood Los Angeles. Close to the Pacific and to the two universities in LA. There are always tons of things to do and the weather is terrific. Remember OJ Simpson? He lived in Brentwood, the area next to Westwood. Expensive area for no particular reason. Most people are not aware that LA has a subway system. And a very good bus system also. You can travel around LA easily.
Post a reply