Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Getting Started

Notify me of new replies via email
InkStead | 10 Nov 2015, 05:39 PM Agree 0
I'm a new investor (working partner) looking to start from the ground up. Luckily for me, there's a great deal of learning, but not a lot of "re-learning" because I lack most of the preconceived myths about real estate and investing. I want to learn the smart way the first time around.

I'll also be a first time property buyer (ever) looking for a financial partner. Any tips or advice on how to get started with little to no experience?

I've tried my best to educate myself (it will be a continual process), building a strong and trust worthy network. Once I am able, I plan to join REIN as well as Keyspire. I'm actively putting together a portfolio as we speak, I have business cards ready to go. I enjoy talking about real estate investing and learning from others who do it. I've been "shadowing" others who currently do REIs, but I can't really claim their experience as my own. So how do I go about completing my portfolio without any "past properties" with stats and returns to show for it?

Thanks in advance!
Post a reply