Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Homes sales set to plummet, says RBC

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 10 Feb 2015, 09:48 AM Agree 0
The number of homes being bought and sold in Alberta is forecasted to plummet in 2015, according to a report by RBC, but this decline is great news for investors in the province.
  • Jill Lubinski | 11 Feb 2015, 01:25 PM Agree 0
    You do know "if it bleeds, it leads" right? Journalistic mantra….
  • gerry jones | 13 Feb 2015, 02:18 PM Agree 1
    The media makes the lawyers look honest
  • belinda lelli | 13 Feb 2015, 02:26 PM Agree 1
    Why do you insist on publicizing negative garbage - obviously, to attract attention; the media will be blamed should there be a recession - the majority of the public only reads headlines and listens to talk 680. Shame on you for feeding them a bunch of misguided crap. I will no longer subscribe to you
  • Russell | 13 Feb 2015, 02:26 PM Agree 1
    You guys have become the CNN= completely negative news of real estate investing. Why don't you just abandon this farce of "Real Estae Wealth" and just tell everyone to buy oil stocks and wait until they go back up?
    I am about one stupid article away of clicking on "unsubscribe"
  • judy | 13 Feb 2015, 02:59 PM Agree 0
    Since when is 16% plummeting? If it was 60% I might believe it!!! Get real and stop sensationalizing! This article has all of the appearances of a little Napoleon strutting to show his importance...
  • e. harold | 13 Feb 2015, 05:17 PM Agree 0
    crapola -50 % in 3 mos is plummet - all other is normal rise and fall of economic reality - who reads this and believes
  • | 13 Feb 2015, 05:19 PM Agree 0
    Edmonton showed a 26 % decline in sales for January 2015 compared to January 2014, and an increase of 34 % in listings available compared to January 2014. Statistics from EREB
  • Mart | 15 Feb 2015, 06:19 PM Agree 0
    This is exact reason why journalist lose credibility and cause self fulfilling prophecies - this is a terrible headline and dishonest s*t disturbing. U forgot "calgary" in the headline for integrity.
  • Remax | 16 Feb 2015, 02:30 PM Agree 0
    Well placed comment Mart! The media are the fear mongers that should be shot for their detrimental words that are no more than a fairy tail! My office as a whole are un-subscribing from this garbage! I am disgusted by the headlines consistently misrepresenting the truth! You should be ashamed of yourselves for continually posting fear mongering misrepresentations of the truth, your articles are becoming increasingly aligned with the national Inquirer and other comical and false reports alongside Bigfoot, UFO sightings and the Amero! Try to focus on beneficial information that realtors can relate to their clients or you will soon find yourself reporting the obituaries!
  • Serge | 16 Feb 2015, 09:07 PM Agree 1
    Well, well well, children...
    How about, your usual panicked, clammed-up reaction of naysayers, huh...
    Thanks, real estate wealth for relaying something objective that's different from the naive "we're doing awesome, and we’re the best" chests thumping, balderdash!
    I am dumbfounded that we're still saying things like "the BOC surprise rate hike", and that it caught soooo many off-guard !
    It was predictable from miles away, and we’re only seeing the tip of the iceberg (of the coming stimulus) here in Canada.
    We're the pilot fish on the great white shark when it comes to economic relationship to the us, and the great white shark is in economic agony!
    Also, how much more debt can Canadians be expected to take on for house- buying, when the average Canadian 's debt represents 160% of disposable income !?
  • AACI | 25 Feb 2015, 07:27 AM Agree 0
    Listen to the whining realtors above talking out two sides of their have no problem when people fluff up the market....
Post a reply