Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How To Buy Vaughan Homes?

Notify me of new replies via email
preeti22 | 09 Aug 2013, 05:31 AM Agree 0
I just got married and we’re thinking of buying a home. Some of our friends are telling us to buy only through the listing agent because we would save. Is this true?
  • mali | 09 Aug 2013, 08:00 PM Agree 0
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer:

The opposite is true! Problems can arise when buyers call the listing agent to see or maybe even buy a home.
    Although a listing agent’s job certainly involves showing their seller’s home to buyers, when buyers want to view, or subsequently buy, the home from the listing agent, complications often come up.

The more important problem to consider, is when you want BUY a property with the listing agent. In this situation, a conflict of duties arises.
    This is called Multiple Representation.
    Most of the time, if you contact the listing agent directly and you would like to buy his listing, he is already representing the seller. The seller is his client and the agent works for his best interest. In this situation, a conflict of duties arises. Realtors have certain fiduciary duties to their clients – these are the highest standard of care possible when an agent works to protect his clients’ best interests. The list includes Disclosure, Competence, Obedience, Accounting, Confidentiality and Loyalty.
    Clearly, one agent cannot provide full Disclosure and maintain full Confidentiality at the same time! This means that in order to avoid any conflict, an agent who represents both parties cannot place the interests of one client above those of the other.

Your agent will represent you and your best interest and negotiate the best price and terms for you. You can save more money by using your own Realtor!

If you would like a professional Realtor to help you buy a home in VAUGHAN, I would be happy to help. Or, if you have questions about multiple representation , please contact me at mali@live.ca

Mali Gedalevitch
    www.malirealtor.com
  • preeti22 | 19 Aug 2013, 11:17 AM Agree 0
    [quote="mali" post=4367]CONGRATULATIONS!!! :cheer:

The opposite is true! Problems can arise when buyers call the listing agent to see or maybe even buy a home.
    Although a listing agent’s job certainly involves showing their seller’s home to buyers, when buyers want to view, or subsequently buy, the home from the listing agent, complications often come up.

The more important problem to consider, is when you want BUY a property with the listing agent. In this situation, a conflict of duties arises.
    This is called Multiple Representation.
    Most of the time, if you contact the listing agent directly and you would like to buy his listing, he is already representing the seller. The seller is his client and the agent works for his best interest. In this situation, a conflict of duties arises. Realtors have certain fiduciary duties to their clients – these are the highest standard of care possible when an agent works to protect his clients’ best interests. The list includes Disclosure, Competence, Obedience, Accounting, Confidentiality and Loyalty.
    Clearly, one agent cannot provide full Disclosure and maintain full Confidentiality at the same time! This means that in order to avoid any conflict, an agent who represents both parties cannot place the interests of one client above those of the other.

Your agent will represent you and your best interest and negotiate the best price and terms for you. You can save more money by using your own Realtor!

If you would like a professional Realtor to help you buy a home in VAUGHAN, I would be happy to help. Or, if you have questions about multiple representation , please contact me at mali@live.ca

Mali Gedalevitch
    www.malirealtor.com[/quote]

Thanks a lot.I will consider this.
Post a reply