Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How to choose a Realtor to work with

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 23 Apr 2015, 09:00 AM Agree 0
Every Canadian market is saturated with licensed Realtors, but Dustin Graham shares his tips for finding the right one to support your interests.
  • Claude Boiron | 27 Apr 2015, 08:10 PM Agree 0
    Good points, Dustin!
    I'll just add that many consumers get push-back from some Realtors when they ask for references - they are either given written testimonials, or they are told that for privacy reasons they cannot be given clients' contact information.
    That's a load of bull!
    If I ask my client whether he's willing to speak to a few potential clients of mine over the phone, and he says "yes", then there are no privacy restrictions preventing me from giving his name and number to a select few people.
    I highly encourage consumers of Real Estate service providers to not just read testimonials, but to speak with past clients of the Realtors they are considering hiring.
  • Dustin Graham | 01 Jun 2015, 02:26 PM Agree 0
    Nicely put, Claude. Asking for a Realtor to provide "real-time" references is something consumers should take advantage of. I would have no issue asking any of my past clients if a prospective client could speak with them. Thanks for reading.
Post a reply