Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

IMF suggests tightening rules around uninsured mortgages

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 10 Mar 2015, 03:38 PM Agree 0
The IMF believes uninsured mortgages are contributing to an overvalued housing market.
  • JSydneyH | 10 Mar 2015, 06:00 PM Agree 0
    So a family struggles and works hard to pay their mortgage down and attempting to secure a better rate so they can pay it off even faster, they would be subjected to the rules proposed by the IMF. When will the IMF stop meddling with the most stable economy in the world? We did well when the world tanked, and we'll do well when it recovers.

This, despite a government that has no sense of direction other than downward.
  • DC | 10 Mar 2015, 06:33 PM Agree 0
    Whenever the Government try to fix a system that is not broken , particularly one which is effective, we always
    end up in a disaster.The world looks at our systems that works and we try to copy theirs that do not.
  • pasquash | 10 Mar 2015, 08:13 PM Agree 0
    hmmm what more can they do to try and make it impossible to get money out of the banks. I thought they had run out of rules to impose. at present the rules are set up to make it easier to lend to someone whom has never had a mortgage and only has 5% down than someone who could be worth millions on paper and has 20% down. tell the imf to mind there own ****ing business or our economy will tank.
  • Ranjit Dhillon | 11 Mar 2015, 09:32 AM Agree 0
    Canadian Lenders are very conservative on lending weather it is an insured or uninsured mortgage, I am not sure how IMF came with this decision, They should know that Canadian Lending regulations are amongst the most strict in the world. I think it is the global migration to this safe and beautiful country of ours or the instability in the world which is making the global investors invest here.
  • Grazor | 16 Mar 2015, 09:23 AM Agree 0
    Anytime the IMF recommends (read meddle), one should run as far away as possible. They don't exactly have a strong track record of getting it right; but there is a string of global train wrecks that can be found when they are driving.
Post a reply