Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Industry weighs in on foreign buyer stats

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 06 Feb 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Ontario-based associations discuss the recent released foreign buyer stats and whether or not any action is needed to control its influence
  • Tony C | 06 Feb 2017, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    Just Shutup Hudak. We dont care about foreign buyers who want to start a biz here. We care about OUR kids who want to live in the GTA and start a biz here....

“A foreign buyer tax penalizes the international MBA student who will one day start her own business in our province, or the pediatric nurse aspiring to work at Sick Kids,” Tim Hudak, OREA CEO said in a release.
  • Realtor | 06 Feb 2017, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    It should implement this tax. It is understandable why some realtors and Ontario gaverment against
  • Van Realtor | 06 Feb 2017, 06:05 PM Agree 0
    5% ?!...yah right. That's what our illustrious BC and Vancouver politicians were saying all along. Then behold a Post-tax 40 -50% drop in sales Metro Vancouver.
    (And dropping)
    All is not lost as now they're softening the tax as a result of their lost sales tax revenue.
    (No surprise )
    The tax is not the fix....perhaps an overhaul of immigration through investment should be revisited?
  • KL | 07 Feb 2017, 06:32 AM Agree 0
    4.9% foreign buyers? Where did they get the figure from? Out of thin air? Any agent can tell you the figure is probably 10 times higher. Tax them like they did in Vancouver so our housing prices can go back to normal for our younger generation.
    • ammythomas849 | 08 Feb 2017, 12:29 AM Agree 0
      My mothers neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I'm a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can't believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn't be happier. Heres what I do,

----------->>> www.newsnet20.com

• ammythomas849 | 08 Feb 2017, 12:31 AM Agree 0
    My mothers neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I'm a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can't believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn't be happier. Heres what I do,

----------->>> www.centerpay70.com

• Fahim | 09 Feb 2017, 05:21 PM Agree 0
    Its a good idea to study it further before making any rash decisions about it. Evolution not revolution!
    London, UK is also going through a similar exercise. Perhaps TREB & OREA can exchange ideas with the London Mayor's team?
  • Aldo8226 | 12 Feb 2017, 04:50 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Tony C. Hudak thinks we are all morons (probably why he never got elected Premier). I mean a MBA foreign student buying a $2 million home all cash while s/ he studies at U of T and may one day . Give me a break man. All it took in Vancouver was a 15% additional LT Tax on non-citizens to bring the market to its senses even though only 5% of the Vancouver buyers were non-citizens we were told. Only an idiotic government ( which we apparently have in Ontario) will allow our homes to be played like Chinese checkers.
Post a reply