Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Ins and outs of vendor take-backs

Notify me of new replies via email
  • Ari | 12 Mar 2016, 10:08 PM Agree 0
    An insightful look on VTB. Answered many of my questions before they even arose. Thank you
  • Rosemarie | 25 Mar 2016, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    Hi. So does the seller need to be free and clear (eg totally own the properly) to be able to give a VTB. If they have a mortgage (even one that allows VTB) when they sell uding a VTB does that mortgage remain in first position?
  • Mike | 05 Apr 2016, 02:42 AM Agree 0
    Hi, my renter would like to do a vtb. I have roughly 190k remaining on the mortgage. Does this create a huge issue?
  • Zoey | 07 Aug 2016, 06:11 PM Agree 0
    In the event the lender remains on the dwelling/property for the duration of the VTB term, and the buyer decides to begin a construction/building project on a portion of the property. Will the (materials purchased/cost of construction) development costs, put the lender in any risk of leans or as such? Ultimately the lender is in partnership with the buyer until the VTB is paid off. So I'm suspecting the lender can be put at risk perhaps?
Post a reply