Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Interest rate to rise in 2015 -- good or bad?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real estate Pat | 05 Dec 2014, 10:52 AM Agree 0
Interest rates are expected to rise mid-2015. As a new landlord, I am interested in what experts think -- Is this good or bad for investors? What does it mean for me?
  • | 15 Dec 2014, 09:10 AM Agree 0
    Interest rates going up creates incentives to purchase more property before the increase for investors and makes rental housing more attractive to cautious wood be buyers.
  • StiverH | 13 Jan 2015, 12:12 AM Agree 0
    Hello Pat,
    An interest rate increase will have the effect of slowing the appreciation of real estate assets by reducing the available market that has the ability to finance them. Increasing carrying costs will squeeze out many from being able to purchase and as a result they will be forced to rent.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
    Stiver Hudson - Mortgage Professional
    stiver.hudson@denovagroup.ca
  • Alvin | 19 Jan 2015, 04:48 AM Agree 0
    A jump in interest rates in 2015 have a big financial impact, especially if you are looking to buy a home. That is not all bad news if you just stay the course.
  • Alvin | 19 Jan 2015, 04:48 AM Agree 0
    A jump in interest rates in 2015 have a big financial impact, especially if you are looking to buy a home. That is not all bad news if you just stay the course.
Post a reply