Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Investor confidence up despite market reports

Notify me of new replies via email
Guest | 20 Mar 2013, 08:38 PM Agree 0

Vince Mirabelli, First Choice Realty, says he hasn’t seen a slowdown in investor activity in light of market reports.“I don't find my new clients hesitant to enter the market or my more-seasoned ones continuing to add their portfolio,” he tells Canadian Real Estate Wealth. “I think my clients are smart enough to make their own decision and not go on what the media paints the picture as.”
The reports coming out are conservative because there is this on-going fear that the bottom of the market is going to fall out, he says.
“You have these reports coming out at the same time that some of the banks are dropping interest rates again,” says Mirabelli, echoing the sentiment of many other industry insiders. “I know it has been causing a state of confusion for some people but I am finding my clients are sticking to what they know themselves.”
Still, Navtaj Chandhoke, founder of Professional Real Estate Investors Group (PREIG) Canada, suggests that certain markets may be facing more of a slowdown than others.
“Based upon performance and facts,” he says. “The only market which is showing slowing down is Vancouver residential and condo market.
That means novice investors should look at the fundamentals for their own markets, he says, and avoid “sensationalism” created by market analysts.
  • Sandy Clark | 23 Mar 2013, 08:26 AM Agree 0
    I have to agree with the comments in your article. Our market in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island has remained fairly consistent since the beginning of 2013. In discussion with some of my colleagues, we are finding there is a shortage of product available for ready, willing and able buyers, particularly investment property. If you are interested in including Nanaimo single family, investment or multi-family property in your portfolio, please feel free to contact me on 250-668-9878. At the Investors Form in Vancouver in October, the speakers commented on how Nanaimo properties are strongly undervalued and investors should be looking here for long term hold. For information on Nanaimo, go to to see all that this fabulous harbourfront city has to offer.
Post a reply