Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Investors sound off on strata vs owner debate

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 22 Aug 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
CREW readers seem to have little sympathy for a group of investors restricted from renting their units
  • jeff | 22 Aug 2016, 11:57 AM Agree 0
    I agree there needs to be limits on a condo Corp as to units rented...the expectations of owners is that it is nice to have an owner occupied building but 1 out of 150 or so units... that seems odd... why only one..... thats what .5 % why not 5 or 10 percent.. why not something more akin to what the average of single family homes that are rented.

That limit of 1 will make it hard on the owners when they get transferred and they need to sell when the market is off...there will be no opportunity to rent the place out for a year until a down market turns around.

The suspicious side of me asks.. so during the development process who brought in the idea of only 1 rental and is there any connection between that individual.. the tenant...the owner of the unit.....the existing Condo board.
Post a reply