Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Is it Right Time to invest in Real Estate

Notify me of new replies via email
Kumar Jha | 26 Aug 2016, 08:40 AM Agree 0

Hi All,
I am new in real estate Industry and I don't know how to invest in real estate industry.Please Suggest me.
  • Rob Break | 28 Oct 2016, 07:03 AM Agree 0
    The fact that you are considering real estate as an investment is a step in the right direction.
    What are your goals? Do you want a quick nickel or a slow dime? A lot of people I know have been doing very well with Buy, Fix, Refinance and Hold strategy taking single fam homes and legal converting to 2 unit houses. Here is a shameless plug...we have a podcast that can very helpful. You can listen check it out at breakthroughreipodcast.ca
  • Darryl zuber | 06 Nov 2016, 10:12 PM Agree 0
    Hello . The fact is and truth known in most regions in Ontario by not starting investing is going to take you longer to get started.

What I actually mean is every 10 years the house you want today was about 1/2 the price 10 years ago.
    10 years from now it'll be double the price once again. Growth is in your future so get in now. Mortgage rates are noce and low still.
  • Raj | 05 Jan 2017, 11:23 PM Agree 0
    Hi

Real Estate investment is good if you have long term goals, if you trying for a short term, you will end up paying a lot of fees towards sales, land transfer tax, tax issues and the unnecessary anxiety. But on the contrary, if you have over 5 yrs period to plan and can come with 20% or more down payment. You probably can save enough for your retirement. This will justify all the fees and taxes paid. and believe you me, It will be worth the headache.

Few things to look for - Location, location, location, transportation (sub-way, Go train or transit, schools, grocery shopping etc) Must not try to get in old condo town-houses or multi-storey buildings. Historically in past 10-20 yrs. prices have not much appreciated in these segments as compared to newer units or freehold town-houses. Just keep one thing in mind, Would you buy this place in 5 -10 yrs?
    And the most important is to stay within $500,000 -$600,000 mark. After 5-10 yrs you want to sell in start up home category. Don't aim for over 2000 -2400 sq ft of properties, these properties get expensive for first time buyers and will reduce your chances of a quick sale.

Smaller properties are easier to rent and rent can cover mortgage payments. This will enhance your holding capacity and you can wait for right time to sell.

If you have any questions about investing in real estate or mortgage, you can call me for advice.

Neeraj --416-726-1507
  • eacomposer | 08 Jan 2017, 01:46 AM Agree 0
    Real estate industry is growing day by day and there is lot of demand of residential flats and apartments. How ever one should invest there where its demand is high.
  • Scott | 08 Jan 2017, 09:02 AM Agree 0
    "And the most important is to stay within $500,000 -$600,000 mark."

Just so you folks know, there are other cities and provinces to buy real estate in. A $500,000 to $600,000 purchase price probably only makes sense in Toronto. I really can't see paying that much for a property in Winnipeg, for example. The upper limit would be $300,000 for a triplex in Winnipeg's core or North End (my jv partner I bought one for $160,000, renovated it and it was appraised at $290,000 when it was refinanced. Possibly in Bridgewater Estates or Tuxedo, $300,000 to $400,000 makes sense for a single family home.

That said, my original residence was purchased for $73,000 in 2005 and in 2017 it was appraised at $171,000. I think it could sell for $200,000 if I wait for the right time. It's in St.James.
  • chakkaravarthy | 21 Jan 2017, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    Dear Partner/Associate.

We have direct and efficient providers of Bank Guarantee (BG), Insurance Guarantees, MTN, Confirmable Bank Drafts, Standby Letters of Credit (SBLC) and Third Party Guarantees. If you are a potential Investor or Principal looking to raise capital, we will be happy to answer any questions that you have about this opportunity and to provide you with details regarding these services.

Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded, by providing you with yearly renewable leased bank instruments. We work directly with the providers of these instruments. Leased Instruments can be obtained at minimal costs to lessor compared to other banking finance options. This offer is open to both individuals and corporate bodies.

The Financial institution can finance your signatory projects such as Real Estate Development, Aviation Service, Agriculture Finance, Petroleum Importation, Telecommunication, construction of Dams or Bridges and all kind of projects., we fund 100% of the face value of the financial instrument.
    Inquiries from agents/ brokers/ intermediaries are also welcome.

If you are interested in seeking to raise finance for your business/projects in this way, please contact me for more information.

Regards
    Chakkaravarthy Munuswamy

Email ID: chakkaravarthy.finance@gmail.com
    Skype ID:chakkaravarthy.finance
  • umesh2628 | 31 Jan 2017, 04:48 AM Agree 0
    Yes, this time is good for real estate investment because Real estate industry is growing day by day. To Know more visit - http://www.jindalrealty.com/
Post a reply