Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Is there an extra fee coming your way?

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 12 Mar 2015, 09:59 AM Agree 0
A proposed hike in development charges is threatening to compromise cash-flow potential for investors in Canada’s biggest market.
  • Mark Fenn | 13 Mar 2015, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    This article refers of course to the Provincial, not Federal, government.
  • fed up investor/taxpayer | 13 Mar 2015, 04:44 PM Agree 0
    Wynne should meet with those who have the pay the extra development charges and I'm sure she'll learn that they will not concur with her imposing of extra development charges. Those on the receiving end, will always agree to extra charges if the costs are carried by someone else other than themselves.
  • | 13 Mar 2015, 05:27 PM Agree 0
    What do you expect, we elected a Wynne government, all she talked about was "revenue tools". This is what we wanted and we got it.
  • | 13 Mar 2015, 09:20 PM Agree 0
    Landlords are even responsible for their tenants delinquent water bills. Forcing Landlords to include water and sewage within the Rent .
    Landlords will lose money every year the water and sewage rates increase . Landlords can increase their rents to 1.6 % and water rates in Cambridge increases 6.9 % plus increases your property taxes. Where is the fairness ? Why should I pay for someone else's debt ?
  • Jon | 14 Mar 2015, 09:40 AM Agree 0
    Perhaps I am missing something when reading the article. These fees are not new. They are called development charges. A smart buyer will include a cap on the fees the developer may charge the buyer. Most purchase offer contracts are written by the condo builder and do NOT cap these fees. A good real estate agent will protect their buyer by adding a limit.

Perhaps the article is saying the liberals will be increasing the fees charged to the developer? (of course these will then be passed on to the condo buyers)
Post a reply