Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Landlords should rat out tenants over safety issues

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 21 Apr 2015, 09:09 AM Agree 0
Ensuring tenant safety is an important part of being a landlord, but one case is highlighting responsibilities that fall to the tenants themselves.
  • J | 22 Apr 2015, 01:35 AM Agree 0
    Jennifer one of my acquaintances has just received notice from her landlord that her rent will increase %15 next month re. recent BC tax revision... this stipulation was in the contract she signed so it's lawfully correct. It's only relevant here because your post mentioned a landlords responsibilty to maintant a premises "in decent living condition,”, and I'd like to learn more. Could you elaborate on that statement or otherwise point me in the right direction. I'm concerned over a violation of her rights. I live in Vancouver if it's any interest. Thanks!
    • Jennifer | 28 Apr 2015, 01:52 PM Agree 0
      Thanks for your feedback and your questions, J. I'm not overly familiar with the B.C. market, but I would suggest you start with contacting Landlord BC for more direction:
Post a reply