Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Landlords under fire for ‘reno-victions’

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 24 Mar 2015, 09:09 AM Agree 0
The mayor of one of Canada's largest cities wants to crack down on 'reno-victions' but a landlord advocate says these arrangements are a necessary part of safe rental housing.
  • andrew nagy | 27 Mar 2015, 09:49 PM Agree 0
    I use to own a six plex and a twelve plex, the landlord tenant act is way too much in favour of the tenant and the landlords suffer with all the rules and regulations, like when costs for hydro go through the roof, taxes, water etc and the allowable rent increases dictate by government arenèt in line because they want to protect the tenant way too much. And yet home owners have to live with any costs realized when they go up, how is a tenant different than a home owner, tenants have to pay the necessary increase just like the landlord and everyone else, if the government is so protective of tenants, then the government should regulate the costs that keep hitting landlords, they should subsidized the tenants, oh and when bad tenants, the professional movers and crooks that landlords get stuck with and loose thousands, the government doesnèt allow registries of bad tenant as available information to landlords because of privacy, the governments want their cake and eat it and the landlords can eat crap all the time, I sold my buildings and anybody that wants to be a landlord must have a real strong stomach and likely should see a psychiatrist in my opinion, unless you like getting it from both ends, the tenants and the government and their legislations rules and unfair practices making owning buildings a deplorable proposition in so many ways, When is the landlord going to get the rights and privileges of fairness, free market, and understanding, the government canèt hardly run any of their own buildings without soaking the tax payers, but they sure ram it to privately owned buildings depriving them of any pride of ownership over the hassles encounter by tenants and bills and legislations. Hooray for hassle free and quite enjoyment for the tenants and their rights with no vested interest protected by government over and over.
Post a reply