Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Making the pitch

Notify me of new replies via email
kmimedia | 10 Jul 2012, 09:31 AM Agree 0
Pitch your JV opportunity to thousands of CREW online readers and respond to JV proposals at the same time.

Selling your JV opportunity: Share your market location preferences; specifics on market segment (single-family? 5-unit multi?); ROI and cap rate expectations; pictures of a prospective purchase property; your investment history; upload video presentations. It’s up to you.
  • ZeroDownCanada | 13 Jul 2012, 03:50 PM Agree 0
    I suggest checking with a lawyer in Ontario whether it violates the securities laws. I know in BC that CREW Magazine can post a forum link letting people post their JV Deals. This is completely legal.

And people posting deals asking for JV Partners is legal as well, as long as they stick to offering Real Property and not Shares or Stocks in a real estate "Investment." Always list Cash on Cash Return and not ROI.

The Securities Commission in each province is not here to shut down Real Estate Investors and throw us in jail for doing Joint Venture deals.

The best advice is to always talk to a couple of good Real Estate lawyers in your province. And never let fear hold you back from doing good, completely legal JV deals.

Email: thane@thanelanz.com
    Web: www.rejvc.com
    Meetup: www.meetup.com/businessbuilders

For No Money Down Deals
    www.ZeroDownCanada.com
Post a reply