Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Meet the Uber of real estate investing

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 16 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Although real estate investing may seem inaccessible to the mass public, two industry disruptors have set out to “democratize” the process and prove otherwise
  • DP | 16 Dec 2015, 09:41 AM Agree 0
    You have a typo there: "What real estate is to the taxicab industry". Did you mean Uber?
  • Greg | 16 Dec 2015, 12:13 PM Agree 0
    It's a fantastic concept. I work with a private syndicator in Vancouver but there minimum investment amounts are always too high for me i.e usually $100K minimum but I really like the deals - shopping centres, apartment buildings etc. If I get to invest smaller amounts and I get to be on the title and secured that way --- I think it's a fantastic way to do investments!
    • Chad from R2CROWD | 21 Dec 2015, 01:38 PM Agree 0
      Hi Greg

You are 100% right! Traditional syndication opportunities have been difficult for the majority of people to participate in because of 1) high minimum investment amounts and 2) access to deals. We breaking both those barriers to entry with R2CROWD.
  • Mike | 20 Dec 2015, 06:35 PM Agree 0
    Realty Mogul, LLC in the U.S. acts on a Crowd Funding platform. Accredited investors provide $20,000 to $40,000 per deal typically, and buy into apartment buildings, retail plaza's, office buildings and even residential properties. The sponsor puts up 5%-10%, crowd funding adds 15%-20% and conventional commercial financing takes the rest. Is this where R2Crowd is going? if so, this is great! It's about time investor's are allowed to buy into their own commercial property portfolio.
    • Chad from R2CROWD | 21 Dec 2015, 01:54 PM Agree 0
      Hi Mike,

Thanks for the positive feedback. Yes, that is the general business model we are following, and we encourage our Sponsors to have as much 'skin in the game' as possible. Jilliene Helman, CEO of RealtyMogul has been a great advocate for real estate crowdfunding and we consider them one of, if not the top portal in the US right now.
Post a reply