Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Millennial couple files tribunal complaint over rental denial

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 01 Feb 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Couple in their early 20s was rejected despite having excellent credit reports and nearly $80,000 combined annual income
  • | 01 Feb 2017, 01:32 PM Agree 0
    I rent to loads of good millennials in Vancouver and they are less problematic than the oldies!
    What does landlord say about the leasing agent's comments? I know what I'd tell him, like Trump!
  • Spark | 01 Feb 2017, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    Very bad idea to provide explanation on why you decline a tenant especially putting it in writing. A rookie agent and rookie landlord. Always use a general statement like we found another tenant or we are still looking.
    • ammythomas95 | 02 Feb 2017, 08:04 AM Agree 0
      My mothers neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I'm a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can't believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn't be happier. Heres what I do,

----------->>> www.newsnet20.com
  • ammythomas849 | 08 Feb 2017, 12:33 AM Agree 0
    My mothers neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I'm a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can't believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn't be happier. Heres what I do,

----------->>> www.centerpay70.com
  • Jeffrey Joseph | 16 Feb 2017, 04:26 PM Agree 0
    Any Landlord can say a Tenant does not fit our criteria without having to explain.
    The criteria could be a minimum income or a total debt service ration, much like
    a mortgage officer would look like an application, but, I am wondering if a Guarantor
    was suggested? I leased to 21 year old last year, his Dad stepped to the front on that
    right away, he has never missed a payment, and is in the process of renewing at an
    increased amount.

I would love to hear if a Guarantor was suggested, or offered, and if so, why was the
    deal not made?

Jeffrey Joseph, Broker
    Harvey Kalles Real Estate Ltd., Brokerage
    Toronto 416-782-7000
    jeffreyjoseph@realtor.com
Post a reply