Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Mizrahi v. Khavari: Partners turned embittered adversaries

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 22 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The legal turmoil involving a renowned property developer and his former collaborators reveals the unpleasantness that can stem from a broken business partnership
  • rahim | 22 Jun 2016, 06:54 PM Agree 0
    sam mizrahi is a big false and the thift
  • | 23 Jun 2016, 07:14 PM Agree 0
    Shame on Canadian Government for protecting these thefts in Canada with as safe haven for them with Billions of Dollars of innocent and poor people of Iran.
  • | 25 Jun 2016, 09:10 PM Agree 0
    i don't understand how this deal seems straight forword one can not borrow from one investor and with the credit acquired in this way approach other and borrow additional fund from other investor. Katia seems to have known Sam Mizrahi for long time? i don't know how unbiased this article is?
    • | 26 Jun 2016, 07:43 PM Agree 0
      I agree with you ,
  • | 26 Jun 2016, 07:40 PM Agree 0
    What is her relationship?
    • | 27 Jun 2016, 06:27 PM Agree 0
      sam mizrahi a fraud
  • | 01 Jul 2016, 08:57 PM Agree 0
    The Case

I was first informed of the case of Khavari against Mizrahi when Financial Post and Bloomberg released an article about the dispute. Having reviewed almost all the files in court I am convinced that the reporter did not have the opportunity to research all the documents simply due to the size of this file.  The article came across as biased in favour of Mizrahi. Further research showed that the author, has known Mizrahi for a while and was indeed a moderator for a panel where Mizrahi was present.

The number of documents filed by the parties in this lawsuit is staggering. While Mizrahi has filed the same document multiple times, Khavari has managed to provide new pieces of evidence at every step of the way. As you will see under the “Inspection Motion”, Mizrahi must have known the level of access Khavari had to documentation, which explains Mizrahi’s attempt to destroy all of Khavari’s digital documents when the dispute started.

I’ve been reading these documents over the past few weeks and discussing them with friends who practice law. In the sub-pages to this page I will include a short summary and provide you with links to download a full set of documents I’ve accessed, for your own review. Follow the links below to read further and download the case documents.

Prior To Lawsuit

• Scott | 02 Jul 2016, 11:04 AM Agree 0
    What links? I'd love to know how to post them as well moderator(s)? Thanks!
    • | 04 Jul 2016, 07:04 PM Agree 0
      this is the link adrress
      this is all links:
  • Scott | 05 Jul 2016, 10:11 PM Agree 0
    Thanks for the link!

Wow.......this reads like a bad thriller novel. It's amazing these people had a business partnership in the first place.
Post a reply