Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Pickering, ontario

Notify me of new replies via email
Kabba | 12 Jul 2012, 09:18 PM Agree 0
hi, I'm an investor who has 5 doors within a ten minute walk to the Pickering Trail. so really very close to the waterfront. They are bungalows all from the 1950s and in very good nick. They cash flow and were bought by my parents in the 1970's. I would like to renovate them to appeal to younger renters who are opting to live in Pickering rather than in Toronto because of the relaxed lifestyle and the good public schools. Because of the number of doors i have the bank has said i would have to take out refinancing as a commercial borrower. i'd rather, having consulted with my father, seek a limited joint-venture partnership, with an investor willing to extend the capital needed to do the renovations. i have had a contractor develop plans for me and the cost is about $100 K to do things like a little landscaping, flooring and new kitchens with granite.
I would love to meet someone who is familiar with the area to discuss the possibility of a partnership. all the houses are now rented and cash flowing but i think with a partnership i can take it to the next level. please let me know your thoughts.
S. Kabba
  • qmanrei2 | 12 Jul 2012, 10:43 PM Agree 0
    You might want to try www.DurhamREI.ca as you will find other local investors. You can also PM me to discuss.
  • Kabba | 13 Jul 2012, 06:10 AM Agree 0
    Thanks so much for the advice. i'll check it out. The properties are a great opportunity for me and a partner to really upgrade and bring them in line with where this sought-after neighbourhood is going. They are all very close to the waterfront and perfect for young families. The CMHC rules have given a real incentive to get this thing started. thank you.
  • lin3380 | 17 Jul 2012, 05:02 PM Agree 0
    Hello
    please email me to discuss. thanks
  • gcantin | 17 Jul 2012, 08:35 PM Agree 0
    Hello,

Please e-mail me to discuss what you are looking for as a partnership. gilbertcantin@hotmail.com

Gilbert Cantin
  • Kabba | 19 Jul 2012, 08:35 AM Agree 0
    hi, I'm happy to email. May i have the address?
Post a reply