Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Property website speaks the language of investors

Notify me of new replies via email
Guest | 23 May 2012, 04:47 PM Agree 0

That Re/Max site allows buyers to find properties in their price range and desired location throughout 70 countries and territories. It seems a significant number of those locations have been in Canada.
The most views for the site came from China, where investors are known to be buying heavily in Vancouver and Toronto, among other Canuck centres. Canadian investors themselves turned to the site to search for properties in U.S. hotspots such as Phoenix. While the listings are in large part responsible for the site’s appeal, the way in which they are delivered has been just as critical, suggests Re/Max."Consumers have an appetite for a website that gives them not only the home listings from around the world, but in their own language and in their own currency," said William E. Soteroff, executive VP for U.S. and international development. "The real estate market is truly global and buyers are no longer just looking in their own cities, they're looking for homes half a world away.”Since its launch, the site has steadily grown and now has listings in more than 70 countries and territories in 32 languages.Visitors can also check prices in 31 currencies and get the latest world real estate news and events through an in-depth and detailed news feed. The closest competing website offers properties in only 18 countries, 11 languages and 20 currencies. The listings are based on local information from offices on the ground. "All our offices know how important the global buyer is to the real estate market today,” said Soteroff.
  • Steve Arthurs | 26 May 2012, 09:15 PM Agree 0
    This is a dumb article. Where is the Re/Max web site so someone can check it out? Can't find it, not mentioned anywhere in the above write-up. I subscribe to your magazine, am I supposed to find it somewhere in the magazine? Pretty useless.
Post a reply