Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

PropertyGuys.com challenges Realtors with new partnership

Notify me of new replies via email
guest | 07 Jul 2011, 03:12 PM Agree 0

The two companies announced today that they’ll be partnering together to challenge the status quo by offering innovative new services and more competitive rates in an industry that has become “outdated.”

“This is the type of deal that consumers want and traditional agents fear,” Lawrence Dale, President and CEO of Realtysellers, said in a statement released today. “We’re excited to build a real estate powerhouse with PropertyGuys.com to give Canadians a better and more cost effective way to buy and sell their homes.”

Realtysellers formed last year after the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) ceded to the Competition Bureau’s requests to open up its multiple listings service (MLS) to private sellers.

Realtysellers stated that its partnership with PropertyGuys.com, a company which bills itself as the largest private real estate listings network in the country, will advance both companies’ goal of “breaking with the practices of traditional high fee real estate agents” by offering new and technologically advanced services to consumers.

Initially, Realtysellers will manage how PropertyGuys.com customers can list their home on MLS.ca, but the two companies have plans to create a unique platform giving consumers the choice between using a brokerage or selling privately.
  • James | 08 Jul 2011, 03:21 AM Agree 0
    Yes because the real estate selling is very competitive now, there's why you will be seeing more and more websites like these coming out in Canada.
  • James | 08 Jul 2011, 04:21 AM Agree 0
    Yes because the real estate selling is very competitive now, there's why you will be seeing more and more websites like these coming out in Canada.
  • Geoff Lander | 12 Jul 2011, 03:59 PM Agree 0
    It will be interesting to see what happens to Realtysellers and propertyguys after a few lawsuits caused by private individuals trying to transact a complex situation. I have the lawyers bills to prove their time is way more expensive than a professional Realtor's time.
  • Geoff Lander | 12 Jul 2011, 04:59 PM Agree 0
    It will be interesting to see what happens to Realtysellers and propertyguys after a few lawsuits caused by private individuals trying to transact a complex situation. I have the lawyers bills to prove their time is way more expensive than a professional Realtor's time.
  • Patricia p | 13 Jul 2011, 05:04 PM Agree 0
    I am an agent and I have an agent..It is just not worth it in this complex world to market, negotiate, and not have the best third party advice there is. Yes, a lawyer can tell you the legal, but who puts the deal back together when it falls off the rails, who beats the streets day and night for buyers? Not the guy who put in the sign who is sippling Mojitas at the beach on Sunday. Have a look at some of these cut rate companies...see how long their properties are on the market compared to traditional "go to work and get the job done" agents. You get what you pay for.
  • Patricia p | 13 Jul 2011, 06:04 PM Agree 0
    I am an agent and I have an agent..It is just not worth it in this complex world to market, negotiate, and not have the best third party advice there is. Yes, a lawyer can tell you the legal, but who puts the deal back together when it falls off the rails, who beats the streets day and night for buyers? Not the guy who put in the sign who is sippling Mojitas at the beach on Sunday. Have a look at some of these cut rate companies...see how long their properties are on the market compared to traditional "go to work and get the job done" agents. You get what you pay for.
  • Gill | 19 Jul 2011, 11:57 PM Agree 0
    I wish just posting listing on a web site can sell the property. These kind of companies do not stay long in the market, 90% of the time listing posted on their website ends up with the agents for final sale. Good luck to these cheap companies for cheap service.
  • Gill | 20 Jul 2011, 12:57 AM Agree 0
    I wish just posting listing on a web site can sell the property. These kind of companies do not stay long in the market, 90% of the time listing posted on their website ends up with the agents for final sale. Good luck to these cheap companies for cheap service.
Post a reply