Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

REIN: Hamilton hottest of Ontario hotspots

Notify me of new replies via email
Guest | 22 Aug 2012, 01:34 PM Agree 0

The report detailed cities across the province set to provide the best investment opportunities over the next five years, based on key performance indicators such as population growth, vacancy rates and infrastructure. Hamilton remained atop the list trumping Kitchener and Cambridge, Ottawa and Toronto.
According to Neil Everson, Economic Development Division director for Hamilton, new companies moving into the city have attracted new residents – and lowered vacancy rates. “Buildings are being filled and companies are leasing those vacant spaces,” he said. In fact, vacancy rates dropped 26 per cent from the last quarter, and the city posted $532 million in building permit values.
REIN President Don Campbell praises Hamilton’s improvements to infrastructure and economic development as key to the city’s success.  
“If you want to attract young professionals, you need to provide the infrastructure they want,” he says. “Hamilton's reputation from the outside is a little sullied. It's not a steel town. While steel is still a player, high tech and young professionals are redefining the city.”
While some may be shocked that Hamilton toppled Canada’s financial and national capitals for the second year straight, Everson feels the city is reaping it’s just desserts. “It's well-deserved, but it's not surprising,” he said. “We've had a perfect year.”
  • Navtaj Chandhoke | 23 Aug 2012, 06:27 PM Agree 0
    Investing in Hamilton can be extremely tricky. if you are looking for huge cash flow,you are attempted to invest East Hamilton.
    that is the worst part of Hamilton where lot of rookie investors have lost their life savings.

my two cents!
    Navtaj Chandhoke
  • Roy Rodrigues | 23 Aug 2012, 07:03 PM Agree 0
    Choose a Realtor who knows the city well and is passionate in helping clients achieve their personal and investment objectives.

Roy will concisively inform you of the best type of property and the best areas in Hamilton to invest in.

Contact Roy Rodrigues today or visit his website at RealtorRoy.ca
  • luci Rizzo | 23 Aug 2012, 08:03 PM Agree 0
    i'm with you Navtaj, know the city before buying. I speak as a past Hamilton resident and past hamilton investor who did not fair well at all. Know the rental market, and especially the demographic of that rental market. Get a good realtor who will give you good advice. Unfortunately this investment was before i was a realotr myself and our realtor was terrible , he just wanted his commission!
  • Dino Nicosia | 23 Aug 2012, 08:14 PM Agree 0
    The problem rises when rookie out of town investors do not work with an experienced Realtor that already owns property himself and that knows the Hamilton market. They buy without doing the proper research or end up working with an inexperienced Realtor.

The experienced Realtor can steer the client away from undesirable neighborhoods and can be the investor's consultant...show him how to be selective on the purchase.

I have extensive experience in the Hamilton market, and I do believe it is a great palce to invest.
Post a reply