Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Reporting rent payment to credit bureau

Notify me of new replies via email
Deb-NS | 13 Oct 2015, 06:00 PM Agree 0
Hi everyone, I'm hoping you can help me with a question. I'm trying to entice some folks to buy a 2-unit building in NS through a lease-to-own structure. While I can find lots of options for reporting rent to credit bureaus in the States (and often for quite reasonable rates), I'm having a hard time finding any services up here in Canada. He is trying to build his credit and I know it may not affect his credit score, but we figured it wouldn't hurt. Also, I think if I write it into future leases that payments would be reported, that it may mean less hassle collecting rents at the beginning of the month. Does anyone have a service they use? Any other suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks so much.
  • jon | 22 Oct 2015, 08:01 PM Agree 0
    Google Tenant Verification Services. I have used them and they have been good.
  • Deb I | 19 Nov 2015, 08:37 PM Agree 0
    Thank you!
  • Marv S | 17 Aug 2016, 02:55 PM Agree 0
    www.landlordcreditbureau.ca is reporting rent payments to Equifax Credit bureau. Positive and negative pay habits are reported, so if a tenant makes rent payments on time, he/she can develop a good tenant history which should negate a bad credit history. This site benefits landlords, property managers and good tenants.
    • georgetgonzales | 01 Sep 2016, 09:14 AM Agree 0
      During enrollment, you can report payments made in the previous 24 months. It reports to TransUnion.
Post a reply