Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Seller Property Information Statements: What you need to know

Notify me of new replies via email
Canadian Realestate Magazine | 26 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
While seller property information statements (SPIS) are not required by law, there are certain legal implications that investors and real estate agents should be aware of. Commercial lawyer Matt Maurer answers a range of questions about the statements
  • @sjmcwilly | 23 Jan 2017, 03:39 PM Agree 0
    @mattpmaurer, I would be interested in your thoughts why SPIS's aren't mandatory? Aren't we all better off with full transparency?

if I request one and my competition doesn't, my offer gets tossed in the bin.
    If I don't request one, I can end up with a property with an unpermitted reno that isn't up to code or a have an accurate survey sitting with the city - and have no idea!
  • Lisa | 27 May 2017, 08:44 AM Agree 0
    We didn't know the SPIS and we didn't request one, we bought a property with an unpermitted reno that isn't up to code and doesn't have an accurate survey sitting with the city. Now the house is still not closing. What should we do? Thanks.
Post a reply