Canadian Realestate Magazine forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Should I Invest or Not???

Notify me of new replies via email
LauraHall | 29 Aug 2012, 01:36 AM Agree 0
Hi to all! Just want to share my problem with you, hope you can help me with this.

My husband and I are planning to invest our savings buy buying a new property. But we are still not sure about it, and weighing things for now. He said that we can buy a house for our family. But I am not convinced if it is a good idea, and I don't know which is a good place to find that home. I need some help about this matter. Please.

Thank you in advance!:)
  • DREI / SREI | 10 Sep 2012, 04:02 PM Agree 0
    Without knowing your personal situation it is hard to comment.
    Generally speaking if you are not in an economically strong area (i.e. no appreciation) you would want to ensure the personal residence is lived in for 5 years. This will help negate the possibility of loosing money when you go to sell.
    If you do not need a new house then of course I would always suggest investing your money. Unfortunately our educational system does not teach finances in school so we are left to figure this out on our own. A great report to check out is:
    It informs people about all the ills of the financial industry. Of course I think real estate investments are the best way to invest. Remember investing this way is a long term plan to set yourself up for the retirement you want, or for your children's education etc. If you want to make money quick then it might not be the best idea. Regardless of which way you choose to invest, make sure you become educated because any investment becomes much more risky when you don't know how it works or what you are doing.
    If you need a new personal residence, but want to invest still, think about purchasing a duplex, live in one side, and rent the other out.
    These are just some suggestions. Hope you find this helpful.
Post a reply